In this guide we will explain to you everything you need to know when it comes to generating your own Jeep radio code. We are the Internet’s most used and best reviewed radio unlocking website and most of all, we’re free to use.
Why has your radio become locked?
All modern radios are now manufactured which a built in security system. This security system is capable of ‘locking’ a radio therefore making it unusable. It will however, only do this whenever it detects that someone is attempting to steal your radio or tampering with it in any way. This security system was introduced to radios due to the increase in the popularity of thefts of radios from vehicles by criminals. The security system has been incredibly effective in deterring thieves from stealing radios as they are now useless when stolen and have little re-sale value.
There are many different potential causes of your radio becoming locked, the most common of which are listed below.
- The software within your radio has experienced a glitch which has therefore locked your radio. There might be a patch available for this from your manufacturer if it is a frequent problem.
- Your vehicle has been in a collision, no matter how small it may have been it can still cause a locked radio.
- Your vehicles battery has lost all of it charge and needed to be jump started.
- You have just replaced your vehicles battery.
What do you need to unlock your radio?
To unlock your radio you will need to find out what the Jeep radio code is for it, in order for you to be able to do this you will first need to find out what the serial number of your radio is. This is due to the fact that the serial number of your radio is used in the generation process of your radio code. This is the only thing you need to unlock your radio, we will cover in the next sections of this guide how you can find out your radios serial number and how you can use it to generate your own Jeep radio code.
How to find out your radios serial number
For you to be able to unlock your Jeep radio you will firstly need to find out the serial number of your radio. This is because it is used in the generation process of your radio code. We have explained two of the best methods you can use below to find out your serial number.
The first method that we recommend that you try is checking all of the paperwork that came with your vehicle/radio to see if the serial number of your radio is included. This does depend on the age and model of your radio, sometimes it is included. The second method we recommend that you try is removing your radio from your vehicle and checking around it for a label which will have the serial number of your radio printed onto it. You will then need to make a note of it and re-install your radio.
How to use our Dodge radio code generator
You are now ready to generate your own Jeep radio code. We will now begin to explain to you how you can download and use our free Jeep radio code generator, please follow the five simple steps below to find out how.
- Please click on the “Generate Radio Code” button at the bottom of this section. This will take you over to the download page for our Jeep radio code generator.
- You will then need to click on the “Download” button. Our generator will now start to download to your device, please be patient. We will download the right version of our generator to your device no matter what operating system you are using. We are currently able to support all mobile and desktop operating systems.
- Once our generator has finished downloading you will need to open the application. You will then be presented with a text box asking you for the serial number of your radio which you need to enter. Once done click on the “Generate” button.
- You will now need to wait, our Jeep radio code generator is now generating your radio code. The whole process can take up to a minute so please be patient.
- Once the process has finished a message will appear on your screen displaying your radio code. You will be given the option to save it to your device which we recommend that you do.
You can now enter the radio code which has been generated into your radio, unfortunately we are unable to include instructions here as depending on the age and model of your radio the process of entering your radio code will change. We recommend that you search online for your specific model for instructions if you don’t know how to enter your radio code. However the process is relatively straight forward for all models.
You have successfully unlocked your Jeep radio. Thank you for using our service.
Frequently unlocked radios
- Jeep Wrangler Radio Code
- Jeep Cherokee Radio Code
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Radio Code
- Jeep Renegade Radio Code
We are able to support the unlocking of all models of Jeep radio. The above models are a list of models that we receive the most amount of requests to unlock.
We have a dedicated support team in place to ensure that any issues our users experience is resolved quickly. If you need to contact our support team regarding technical issues you are experiencing or you have any questions. You are more than welcome to head over to our contact us page. You can fill out the form there and submit it, we will receive this request and will respond to you as soon as possible hopefully resolving any problem you may have and answering any questions. Please ensure that you have inputted the correct contact information otherwise we won’t be able to help you.